Buy in-app items
With some apps, you can buy additional content or services within the app. Here are some examples of in-app purchases:
- A sword that gives you more power in a game
- A key that unlocks more features of a free app
- Virtual currency that can be used for purchases
Find out if an app offers in-app purchases
Before downloading an app, here's how you can check if it offers in-app purchases.
- On an app or game's detail page, In-app purchases are listed next to an app's details (ratings, downloads, file size).
- Before you install an app using the Play Store app , In-app purchases are listed on the "App permissions" screen.
To help protect against accidental or unwanted purchases, check that password protection is turned on for on your account.
Redeem in-app promotional codes
You can redeem promotional codes for some in-app purchases using the Play Store app on an Android device.
To redeem a promotional code for an in-app item:
- Touch the drop-down next to the item price.
- Touch Redeem code.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete your purchase.
Refunds and purchases
Here's how in-app purchases are different than other app purchases on Google Play.
- Unlike paid app purchases, there's no two-hour trial period for in-app purchases.
- Refunds are generally given at the app developer's discretion.
- Developers are responsible for delivering in-app purchases.
If you're having trouble with an in-app purchase and contacting the developer hasn't helped, you can contact our support team.