We don’t allow apps that directly or indirectly engage in, or benefit from promotion practices (such as ads) that are deceptive or harmful to users or the developer ecosystem. Promotion practices are deceptive or harmful if their behavior or content violate our Developer Program Policies.
Examples of common violations
- Using deceptive ads on websites, apps, or other properties, including notifications that are similar to system notifications and alerts.
- Using sexually explicit ads to direct users to your app’s Google Play listing for download.
- Promotion or installation tactics that redirect users to Google Play or download apps without informed user action.
- Unsolicited promotion via SMS services.
- Text or image in the app title, icon, or developer name that indicate store performance or ranking, price or promotional information, or that suggests relations to existing Google Play programs.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any ad networks, affiliates, or ads associated with your app comply with these policies.