Apply for early access to pre-registration
By using pre-registration, you can take advantage of one of Google Play’s most compelling go-to-market features for apps and games. Before you launch your app, you can build and capture demand with a feature that can help accelerate and boost early installs.
After you turn on pre-registration and drive traffic to your store listing page before launch, users can pre-register for your app. When you publish your app, all pre-registered users will receive a push notification from Google Play with a message and installation link.
At this time, this feature is only available to select developers, and Google Play is currently accepting applications for developers who want to run pre-registration campaigns.
To participate in this early access program, you must meet the following requirements:
- You already have an APK uploaded to the Play Console.
- You’ll start your pre-registration campaign by December 15, 2018.
How to apply
If you’re interested in running a pre-registration campaign, here’s what to consider before applying for early access to this feature:
- Launch readiness: Make sure your game is nearly complete and ready to release.
- High quality: Only high quality games will be eligible for this program. To ensure your game is ready for pre-registration, run tests to get feedback from users and resolve any issues.
- Support for your campaign: To ensure a successful pre-registration campaign, be prepared to market your game across channels and build awareness before your launch.