Change credit card statement name
Developers must enter a business name that will appear on your customers' credit or debit card statements. This name will help customers identify transactions they’ve made with you and should help reduce chargeback disputes and time spent on customer service issues.
Your business or personal name will appear on statements preceded by "GOOGLE*" to remind customers of their purchase from you.
To edit the business name that’s displayed on your customers’ credit card statements:
- Sign in to your Play Console.
- Click Settings > Payments Settings.
- Under “Settings,” click Manage Settings.
- Under “Public merchant profile,” find "Credit card statement name" and click .
- Enter your Credit card statement name.
- This name can be your business, brand, or another name that will help customers remember their purchase.
- Your statement name will be listed after "GOOGLE*," so your statement name can only be 14 characters. Choose carefully as chargebacks could result from customers not recognizing their purchases from you. See more about chargebacks and tips to reduce them.
- Click Save.
If you need help, contact us.