Create a payments profile
Create a payments profile in payments center to manage and track your app sales from Play Console. Review the list of Supported locations for developer and merchant registration.
Sign in to Play Console.
- Click Settings > Account details.
- Under "Merchant Account," click Set up a merchant account. You will be redirected from Play Console to the payments center to set up your payments profile. Make sure to have your business information available to set up your payments profile.
- Enter your legal business name. Enter the name of your business as you want it to appear on your payments profile. This information will be shown to your customers and also on your receipts.
- Enter contact name. Enter the name of an authorized representative for your company who Google can contact if we have questions about your payments profile.
- Enter business location. Provide your legal business address as it appears on official documents. It’s important that we have a valid, physical address on file for your business. We do not support PO box addresses at this time. Later you will need to make sure that your bank account is registered in the same country listed in your payments profile. Learn more about bank account requirements.
- Enter business phone number. Google will use this number to contact you if we have questions about your account.
- Enter your public business information or choose to have your public merchant profile and payments profile information match. Fill in the fields for your business website, the category of your products ("What you sell"), your customer support email, and the business / product name that will appear on your customers' credit card statement. Using an appropriate credit card statement name helps customers remember what they have purchased and can help keep chargebacks to a minimum for you.
- Double check your info and click Submit. You can't change your business location country but you can change your public merchant and payments profiles later.
After you create a payments profile it is automatically linked to your Play Console. Note: If you have set up a payments profile or merchant center account previously, it is already linked to your Play Console.
If you need help, contact us.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?