How to use the Play Console
Register for a Google Play Developer account
To publish Android apps on Google Play, you'll need to create a Google Play Developer account.Step 1: Sign up for a Google Play Developer account
During the sign up process, you'll need to review and accept the Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement.
There is a $25 USD one-time registration fee that you can pay with the following credit or debit cards:
- American Express
- Discover (U.S. only)
- Visa Electron (Outside of the U.S. only)
Note: The types of cards accepted may vary by location.
Type your account details. Your "Developer name" is displayed to customers on Google Play.
You can add more account information after you've created your account.
Develop Android apps
Learn how to design, develop, and distribute your Android apps on Google Play.
- Android Developers
- Google Play Apps Policy Center
- Training for Android Developers
- DevBytes on YouTube
Use the Play Console
Once you've selected an app, here are the pages you'll find in each category:
- Android vitals: Overview, ANRs & crashes, Deobfuscation files
- Development tools: Services & APIs
- Release management: Release dashboard, App releases, Android Instant Apps, Artifact library, App bundle explorer, Device catalog, App signing, Pre-launch report
- Store presence: Store listing, Store listing experiments, Pricing & distribution, Content rating, In-app products, Paid app sales, Translation service
- User acquisition: Acquisition reports, Google Ads campaigns, Promotions, Optimization tips
- Financial reports: Overview, Revenue, Buyers, Conversions, Subscriptions
- User feedback: Ratings, Reviews analysis, Reviews, Beta feedback
For more information on some of the most popular features, click the links below.
- Upload apps
- Set up prices & distribution
- Set up an open, closed, or internal test
Track app performance from your Android device
You can review app status and performance data on-the-go with the Play Console app.
- How to use the Play Console app
- View app performance statistics
- See your app's ratings & reviews
- Review your app's revenue data
- Refund orders & cancel subscriptions
Here are some popular resources with the latest news and tips on developing Android apps and games for Google Play.
- If you have a Google Play Developer account, view Play Console announcements by selecting the bell icon .
- Learn about the latest features, best practices, and strategies to help you succeed on Google Play with the Playbook app.
- Read the latest news and posts about Android and Google Play on the Android Developers blog.
- Find tips, trends, and industry insights on the Google Play Apps & Games Medium blog.
Need help publishing apps on Google Play? Here are a few places you can go for additional support.