With application licensing, you can set up a list of Gmail accounts to test your in-app billing & subscription integration. Your own publishing account is always considered a licensed tester.
Set up application licensing
To set up application licensing, start by adding your list of tester's Gmail addresses in the Play Console.
- Go to your Play Console.
- Select Settings > Account details.
- Under 'Licence Testing', add your testers' Gmail addresses.
- At the top of the screen, select Save.
Once your list is ready, make sure:
- Your app has been published to the open, closed, internal test or production track. We recommend publishing your app to the internal test track. Make sure that your testers are also eligible to receive your release by following the instructions for managing testers by email address or using Google Groups.
- You've set up a test environment.
Test in-app billing & subscriptions
You're able to purchase your own app, in-app item or subscription as a test purchase. Once you've set up application licensing, authorised users can also purchase in-app products and subscriptions without charging the users’ accounts.
When making a purchase from a licence test user, you will see two choices for payment method:
- 'Test card, always approves'
- 'Test card, always declines'
Before they can be tested, your in-app products and subscriptions need to be published.