How to support your app's users
To create the best experience for your users, we recommend that you provide comprehensive support resources for each of your apps.
Users are instructed to contact you for defects, performance issues, or missing content installed from Google Play. The Google Play support team doesn't provide user support for individual apps.
For each of your apps, you must:
Provide a valid and accurate email address: To publish on Google Play, you must provide an email address where users can reach you.
Respond to user questions about paid apps or in-app purchases on time: You must respond to customer support questions within three business days. If Google contacts you about an urgent product issue, you must respond within 24 hours.
Offer refunds: You're responsible for refunds, but users may contact Google. Google may issue refunds on your behalf for unauthorized charges or situations that fall within our exception rules.
- To learn how to issue refunds from the Payments Merchant Center, go to refund an order.
- For more information on refund requirements, go to the Developer Distribution Agreement.
- You (as the content or access provider) may implement a more flexible refund policy with your users directly. It is your responsibility to notify your users of any changes to your refund policies and ensure that the policies comply with applicable law.
Follow the Google Play Program Policies
To offer the best user experience, we also recommend you provide:
Your name or the name of your organization
Additional contact options: In addition to an email address, you can also provide links to a website or forum that you regularly monitor and use to respond to questions.
An FAQ or help content hosted on a website or blog: Help content could include a summary of the app, instructions on basic functionality, and answers to common user questions.
Automated replies: If you set up a contact form or support email address, it can be a good idea to include an automated reply that includes common answers to user questions and sets expectations for the level of support your team provides.
Courteous communication: When users understand how your app works and how to contact you with questions, they'll be more likely to use your app and provide feedback to help you improve your product. Don't respond in ways that are abusive, hateful, dismissive, or threatens or harasses others.
Provide your contact information
When you provide a website, support email address, and phone number for your app, the information is visible on your app's store listing on the Play Store.
To add your support information:
- Sign in to your Play Console.
- Select an app.
- On the left menu, click Store presence > Store listing.
- Scroll down to "Contact Details."
- Add your support email address (required), a website URL, and a phone number.
Questions about using Google Play
For questions about using Google Play, you can direct users to the Google Play Help Center (support.google.com/googleplay/).
Here are some answers to common issues available on the Google Play Help Center: