The Teacher Approved program is an editorial program designed to make it easier for parents to find high-quality content on Google Play. Apps in the Designed for Families program are automatically eligible for the Teacher Approved program.
We've teamed up with teachers and children’s education and media specialists to launch the Teacher Approved program, which highlights the best apps for kids on Google Play. Experts rate Designed for Families (DFF) apps for quality and age appropriateness. Approved apps receive a badge and may appear on the Kids tab on Google Play. Learn more about the Teacher Approved program and review the process at Academy for App Success.
Expand each section below to learn about the different eligibility requirements.
Only apps that participate in DFF and pass the DFF requirements are eligible to participate in the Teacher Approved program. If your app participates in DFF and meets review requirements (listed below), it will automatically be submitted for inclusion in the Teacher Approved program.
We can only support English language apps at the moment. However, we plan to support apps in the following languages in 2021:
Apps are not eligible if they have one or more of the following features:
- Requires a physical toy, device, or another app
- Is a language-learning app
- Is designed to be used with an adult
- Is designed primarily for classroom use
Only published apps, without pending policy actions (including warning emails) from Google Play, are eligible to be included in the Teacher Approved program.
When you publish a DFF app that meets the above eligibility requirements, it’s automatically added to a review queue for the Teacher Approved program. Experts then review and rate your app for quality and age appropriateness. If your app is reviewed and approved, it receives a badge and may appear on the Kids tab on Google Play. The review process does not affect the availability of your app on Google Play generally.
To see your app’s Teacher Approved program status:
- Open the Play Console.
- Select an app.
- On the left menu, select Policy and programs > Teacher approved.
- Under “Status,” your app will be listed as one of the following:
- Not eligible: App is not participating in or has been removed from DFF, or has another pending policy action.
- Not supported: App fails to meet one or more of the eligibility requirements listed above.
- Awaiting review: App is in the Teacher Approved review queue.
- Not approved: App has been reviewed and was not approved for the Teacher Approved program. You need to make changes to your app and publish them on Google Play before it can be reviewed again.
- Approved: App has been reviewed and approved for the Teacher Approved program. Every time you make changes to your app and publish them on Google Play, it’s reviewed again.
- Learn more about the Teacher Approved program and review at Academy for App Success.
- Learn more about participating in the Designed for Families program.
- Learn how to build Teacher Approved apps on the Android Developers site.