Regularly clean your band and wrist—especially after working out, sweating, or washing your hands. While Google Pixel Watch is water resistant1 and splash proof, we recommend that you take the watch off after it gets wet, and that you dry it well before putting it back on.
To avoid product damage and the chance of skin irritation, remove your watch while applying sunscreen, repellent sprays, or other types of creams or sprays like these.
- Do not clean the Google Pixel Watch while it is charging.
- Do not dry the Google Pixel Watch with an external heat source, e.g. hot plate, hair dryer etc.
- Do not dry or clean the Google Pixel Watch with compressed air or ultrasonic cleaning.
- Do not insert any items, such as paper clips, into the mic hole on the side of the Pixel Watch as this can cause damage.
Clean Google Pixel Watch
When caring for your Google Pixel Watch, it's important that you follow this guidance to avoid damage.
Some accessory bands (like those made of leather, metal, and woven materials) are only intended to be worn during normal daily activity (e.g., not during high-intensity workouts).
- Turn off your Pixel Watch and remove it from the charger.
- If you have a leather band, remove it from your Pixel Watch.
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to gently clean the Google Pixel Watch.
- If necessary, you can lightly dampen a lint-free cloth with fresh water to gently remove built-up material or scuff marks. To avoid damage, avoid getting moisture into any openings.
- Dry your Pixel Watch with a nonabrasive, lint-free cloth.
- You may disconnect the band for a thorough cleaning. Wipe the Google Pixel Watch dry before reconnecting the bands.
Remove the band from your Google Pixel Watch before cleaning. Find recommended cleaning methods below for each Google Pixel Watch band type:
- Spot clean with warm (not hot) water. If necessary, use only a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil), rinse thoroughly, and pat it dry with a lint-free non-abrasive cloth. Do not use a paper towel or abrasive cleaners.
- Woven and Stretch
- Spot clean with warm (not hot) water. If necessary, use only a soap-free cleanser (like Cetaphil), rinse thoroughly, and air-dry. Do not use a washing machine, fabric softener or a dryer.
- Crafted Leather and Two-Tone Leather2
- Spot clean with a clean, dry cloth using light pressure. Leather brushes can be used to remove any dirt or dust buildup but do not use leather cleaners. If necessary, lightly dampen the cloth with clean water. Do not submerge the leather band in water as these bands are not water resistant. Allow the band to thoroughly air-dry and do not place it in direct sunlight, high humidity, or extreme temperatures before attaching it to your Google Pixel Watch.
Materials in GPW
Water and Scratch Resistant materials
The Google Pixel Watch is water resistant and has scratch-resistant custom 3D Corning® Gorilla® Glass designed to withstand the pressure of up to 50 meters (5 ATM) of water. These features help to protect your watch from inclement weather and everyday wear.
Google Pixel Watch can withstand some rain, shallow pools, and sweat from exercise, but it should not be immersed in water for more than 24 hours, used during high-speed or high-impact water sports, or exposed to soapy water or other liquids.
Skin sensitivity to other materials
Google Pixel Watch adheres to rigorous design specifications and meets extensive test requirements to minimize the potential for reaction but may contain the following materials that customers with skin sensitivities should be aware of:
- The amount of potential nickel falls below the strict nickel restrictions set by the European REACH regulation.
- While nickel exposure is unlikely to cause a reaction, be aware of the possibility in case you're susceptible to nickel-related reactions.
- Potential trace amounts of acrylates and methacrylates from adhesives or coatings.
- While these are found in many consumer products that come in contact with the skin, some people may be sensitive to them.
1 Google Pixel Watch is designed to comply with a water protection rating of 5 ATM under ISO standard 22810:2010 when manufactured, but it is not waterproof. Water resistance is not a permanent condition and decreases or is lost over time due to normal wear and tear, repair, disassembly, or damage. Dropping your Google Pixel Watch may result in loss of water resistance. Google Pixel Watch is designed to be used in shallow water and should not be used for activities involving water at high velocity or high temperature. Some Google Pixel Watch bands are not water-resistant. See g.co/pixelwatch/water for details. After any exposure to liquid, we recommend drying the watch and band because, as with any wearable device, it’s best for your skin if the band is clean and dry.
2 Leather is not water-resistant and may absorb moisture, oils, or other liquids as it develops a patina. Avoid exposure to water and clean with damp cloth at your own risk, acknowledging the band patina may change as a result.