/googlepixelbuds/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
My buds turn off and on, off and on, nonstop when i walk
They turn off and on off and on, when I go for a walk. However once I get inside my yard and house that issue stops and they work fine. Phone is in my  hip pocket. Even turning my head made them start and stop...I think it was restarting a song each time.
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (9)
Wrangler of imaginary computers
Relevant Answer
Hi Patricia,

Can you see if disabling the in-ear detection options has any impact on this issue?

If not, you might also see if holding the phone out in front of you instead of putting it in your pocket makes a difference. (That clearly wouldn't be a solution, but it's a valuable test to give us more information about the nature of the issue.)

Also, what phone do you have?

Thanks,
John
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
i did exactly what you said...disabled in ear detection, stuck it in my pocket, and walked..off on off on off on...took it out of pocket and held it front of me, and it only shut off one time.  back in the pocket and i went right back to on off thing. Interestingly, inside my house it never shuts off whether in pocket or not. I also stood still in the middle of the rode , put it in my pocket and it shut off. Having to carry my phone in front of me kind of defeats the purpose....
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Patricia,

Thanks for testing. That sounds like it's not an issue with the in-ear detection sensors but rather a possible connection problem.

Can you see if forgetting the Pixel Buds from your phone's Bluetooth menu, factory resetting the Buds, and then setting them up again helps at all?

What phone do you have?

Thanks!
John
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hello Patricia,
Just wanted to check in here to see if you were able to see John's previous reply? Do you still need help? Let us know when you can.

Thanks,
James
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My earbuds still don't work if I put my phone in my pocket while walking...
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
No change after factory resetting?

And did you ever mention which phone you have?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have this problem too, thought it might be something with the "flip to shhh" feature or other apps in background causing issues, but I have not idea.  basically decided to use the buds in house only as that is the only place they work.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi everyone,
It looks like this thread hasn't been updated in a while. Just wanted to check in here to see if there were any follow up questions or comments here?
Let us know.

Best,
James
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi all,
We're going to go ahead and lock this thread now. If anyone has any other questions or concerns, feel free to create a new post. We're always here to help.

Thank you,
James
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/googlepixelbuds/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic