/googlepixelbuds/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
In-ear detection won't pause music when taking buds out if music started via "hey google" command
If I put my Pixel Buds A-Series in my ears and start music by saying "Hey Google play music" and then take one or both buds out of my ears the music continues to play, in-ear detection does not trigger the music to pause.

If I put my Pixel Buds A-Series in my ears and start music by pushing play on an app on my phone and then take one or both buds out of my ears the music is paused, in-ear detection properly triggers the music to pause. In-ear detection also properly triggers an resumes music when I put the one or both buds back in my ears.
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (1)
Wrangler of imaginary computers
Relevant Answer
Are you still experiencing this weird behavior? I'm no longer able to reproduce it on any of my phones.

If so, can you tell me what music app you're using? And do the touch controls still work (play/pause, next track, previous track) while the in-ear detection doesn't?
marked this as an answer
All Replies (9)
Relevant Answer
Hi tgf,

That's an interesting find. I'll do some testing to see if I can reproduce it. In the meantime, please be sure to report this strange behavior to the development team:

What phone do you have, and what version of Android are you on? Also, what version of the Google app is installed?

Cheers,
John

marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yup, just did that from my phone (submitted feedback).

I'm on Android version 11 build number RQ3A.210605.005.

My Google app version is 12.22.8.23.arm64
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Cool, I was able to reproduce this behavior this morning on my Pixel 5 with Android 12 and Google app 12.24.7.29.arm64 (beta) so I think we've covered all the bases there.

I'm going to escalate this thread to make sure the team is aware of the reproducible bug.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Are you still experiencing this weird behavior? I'm no longer able to reproduce it on any of my phones.

If so, can you tell me what music app you're using? And do the touch controls still work (play/pause, next track, previous track) while the in-ear detection doesn't?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
No, it still does it. All my tests are with Spotify.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thanks, I've been testing with YouTube Music. I'll pass that along to the team.

Are you able to use the touch controls while the in-ear detection doesn't work?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
That's correct, touch controls do still work even when in ear detection does not.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Cool, that's something I'd been asked by The Team so I'll let them know as well. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi,

Thanks for reaching out and I appreciate John for helping. I'll be following up with you via private messaging using the email address associated with your community profile. Please look out for an email soon for us to continue working on next steps.

Kind regards,
Roel D
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/googlepixelbuds/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic