When cleaning your Pixel Buds, it’s important you follow this guidance to avoid damage.
- Do not use any chemical detergent, powder, or other chemical agents (such as alcohol or benzene) to clean the earbuds or the charging case.
- Do not clean the earbuds or the charging case while they are charging.
Clean the charging case
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to gently clean the exterior of the charging case. You can also use the cloth or cotton swab to clean inside the charging case’s magnetized pods, especially the charging contacts, to remove any built-up material.
- If necessary, you can apply water with a damp, lint-free cloth to gently remove scuff marks on the exterior of the charging case. To avoid damage, avoid getting moisture into any openings, like the USB-C port.
- Do not use any liquid, including water, to clean the inside of the charging case.
Clean the earbuds
- Use a soft, dry, lint-free cloth to gently clean the earbuds, including the charging contacts.
- If necessary, you can apply water with a damp, lint-free cloth or cotton swab to gently remove built-up material or scuff marks. To avoid damage, avoid getting moisture into any openings.
- If necessary, use a soft-bristled toothbrush to clean out the earbuds. Gently insert the bristles in the microphone holes and speaker vent openings and move the toothbrush in an in-and-out motion to dislodge any earwax.
- Important: Don't move the toothbrush from side-to-side, as this could spread or smear any earwax that is present.
Water and Sweat Resistance
The new Google Pixel Buds are sweat and water resistant1, helping to protect them from inclement weather and intense workouts. Don’t submerge your Pixel Buds or its case in any liquid or hold them under running water, as doing so may damage your device(s).
Note: Google Pixel Buds (Gen 1) are not sweat or water resistant.
1Pixel Buds have a water protection rating of IPX4 under IEC standard 60529. Water resistance is not a permanent condition and may be compromised by normal wear and tear, repair, disassembly or damage.