Pixel Buds version 2.2185.230
Updated June 11, 2019
This firmware update includes:
- Reduced lag when playing games or YouTube videos
- Pixel Buds now report 100% battery at full charge
- After factory reset, Bluetooth is discoverable within 1-2 seconds
To view your current firmware version
- Open the Google Assistant app while your Pixel Buds are connected to your Android phone.
- Tap your avatar in the top right cornerSettings Assistant Pixel Buds.
Sleep/Wake your Pixel Buds with a gesture
If you want to manually sleep or wake your Pixel Buds, triple tap the right earbud.
Customize the double tap gesture
For more control over your music, you can now customize the double tap gesture to what is most useful for you. You can choose to skip tracks or get an update on your notifications from the Google Assistant. If you want to keep the double tap gesture mapped to receiving notifications, you can continue to use the Google Assistant to skip tracks.
Seamlessly switch between devices
We take our phones almost everywhere with us, but have several devices—computers, tablets, etc—and often move between them from task to task. Pixel Buds has now been improved to make switching between devices easier. Select the Pixel Buds on another device that has been previously paired, and the connection will automatically switch.