Google Pixel Buds Requirements & Specifications
To use as a headset, you need a Bluetooth® enabled companion device running:
- Android 5.0 or higher
- iOS 10.0 or higher
To use with Google Assistant you need:
- An Assistant enabled Android device
- Android 6.0 or higher
- A Google Account
- A data connection
To use with Google Translate you need:
- Pixel or Pixel 2
- The Google Translate app (A list of supported languages can be found here.)
Google Pixel Buds Specifications
Earbuds length: 0.8 in (20.4 mm)
Earbuds width: 0.8 in (20.4 mm)
Earbuds height: 0.8 in (20.5 mm)
Charging case length: 2.6 in (66.2 mm)
Charging case width: 2.6 in (65.5 mm)
Charging case height: 1.1 in (28.6 mm)
Earbuds: 0.5 oz (14 g)
Charging case: 2.0 oz (57 g) with buds, 1.5 oz (43 g) without buds
Ports & Connectors
USB-C for charging
Pixel Buds: 120mAh
Charge Case: 620mAh
Up to 5 hours of listening time with just one charge.
Charging case holds multiple charges, so you can get up to 24 hours of listening time for when you’re on the go.
Android Nougat and above
Requirements to run the Google Assistant
Active data connection
Bluetooth and Nearby activated
Note: More than one pair of Pixel Buds cannot be connected to one phone.
- Colors may vary and change over time.
- Google Pixel Buds battery performance statistics are approximate and are based on listening time, and audio control and other factors. Actual results may vary. Case must be sufficiently charged. Testing conducted in September 2017 on pre-production Pixel Buds connected to a pre-production Pixel 2 phone.
- Total listening times are approximate and are measured using fully charged Google Pixel Buds and a fully charged case for the first Google Pixel Buds re-charge cycle. Actual results may vary. Google Pixel Buds battery testing conducted in September 2017 on pre-production Pixel Buds connected to a pre-production Pixel 2 phone.
- The cord between the two earbuds conducts power and audio signals so do not cut it. The warranty will be voided if the cord is cut.
USB-C is a trademark of USB Implementers Forum.
The Bluetooth® mark is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
IOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the U.S. and other countries and is used under license.
Google, Pixel Buds, Android, and related logos and marks are trademarks of Google Inc.
Kevin is a Google Pixel Buds expert and the author of this page. Leave him feedback below about this page.