If you encounter issues when you verify your Google payments profile, complete the troubleshooter.
About verificationWhy we might ask you to verify
- To verify that your info is correct when you access specific content.
- To verify your identity when you complete a transaction with Google.
- We find unusual activity or transactions.
- We need more info for legal or regulatory reasons.
Important: If we ask you to verify your account, any pending transactions are canceled. Pending charges on your bank statement disappear within 14 business days.
To complete verification, you may be asked to verify each payment method. To do so, you can request a verification code.
You may also be asked to provide:
- Legal name
- The name used on your Payments profile
- Date of birth
- An image of your government ID
- A proof of address
- An image of your payment method
Google uses the info you provide to:
- Verify your identity or payment method.
- Protect against fraud and abuse.
- Improve verification services for Google products.
Your verified info, like name and address, is stored with your Google Account. You can manage your verified info at payments.google.com.
How to complete verification
To verify your info, you may need to submit documents or request a code.
- Go to payments.google.com.
- Sign in to your account.
- At the top right, click Alerts Verify.
- If there are no alerts, click Payment methods.
- Next to the card that must be verified, click Verify.
- When you’re asked to request a verification code or upload documentation, follow the instructions below for each request.
- Repeat the steps above for each payment method that must be verified.
- Click Get code.
- Go to your payment method issuer’s website and sign in to your account.
- In your transaction history, find a temporary charge of less than $1.95 USD called “GOOGLE.” The verification code is the last 6 digits.
- The amount of the temporary charge varies by the type of currency.
- You should get the code right away, but it can take up to 7 days.
- Tip: The charge or hold on your account is temporary. Charges are refunded within 30 days.
- Return to payments.google.com .
- Enter the 6-digit code.
- Click Verify.
To verify your identity or payment method, find the verification request. To find a list of accepted documents and instructions, use the link in the verification request.
Make sure your documents:
- Use the same full name in all documents that you submit.
- Are updated and not expired.
- Are legible.
Make sure the image that you upload:
- Is an image of a document and nothing else
- Is legible
- Is in color, not black and white
- Doesn’t have blur, glare, or dim light
- Shows all 4 corners of the full document
- Make sure your name, address, and payment info are up to date at payments.google.com.
- After you submit your documents, verification may take a few days.
Fix issues with verification
Fix issues with verification codes & temporary holds
Learn how to fix issues when you try to verify payment methods with a verification code.
Fix issues with document verification
To resolve the issue:
- If you receive an email or get an error message: Follow the instructions in the message.
- If you need help from our team to help resolve the issue: We’ll contact you after we review your info.
If you failed verification, you'll receive an email shortly after the decision. To appeal the decision, follow the instructions in the email.