You can dispute fraudulent transactions made with your Google Pay account. You can also cancel some payments.
Step 1: Check if the transaction is complete
- A transaction can’t be disputed until it’s complete.
- The amount shown for transactions that are still processing are temporary and may change.
- After you cancel an order or payment, it can take some time before your account is credited.
Step 2: Check if the transaction was made by someone you know
If a family member or friend had access to your Google Account or payment method and made the transaction, go to the appropriate section below.
Cancel a Google purchase
Important: This info is for individuals, not businesses. For Google Pay for businesses, go to the Payments Center Help Center.
Cancel a Google subscription
Important: When you cancel a subscription, completed payments aren't refunded. Cancellations can't be undone, but you can always resubscribe.
Cancel payment made to a business with the Google Pay app
Step 3: Dispute or report an unauthorized payment
Dispute a payment for Google products
Dispute a transaction you don’t recognize in the Google Pay app or on the Google Pay website
If you find a transaction in Google Pay (the app or website) that you don't recognize:
- Compare the Google Pay transaction amount with the records on your financial institution's online banking portal or app.
- Do not rely on physical bank statements or receipts, these could be outdated.
- If the amount on your financial institution’s portal isn't accurate or you don’t recognize the charge, contact the merchant and try to resolve the issue with them.
- If you can’t resolve the issue with the merchant, you can file a dispute.
- If the transaction used your debit card, credit card, bank account, or other payment method linked to your Google Pay account, you can file a dispute.
- If the transaction used your Google Pay balance card , use this form to file a dispute.
- This form is only for Google Pay balance disputes. Before you submit, confirm that the transaction was made with your Google Pay balance. Learn how to tell if the transaction was made with your Google Pay balance.