You can transfer money from your Google Pay to your linked bank account or debit card.
Important: There are limits on transferring money out of Google Pay. Learn more about transfer out limits.
- With your bank account, the transaction can take up to 1–5 business days. You can track the status of your transaction by navigating to the Insights Tab on the bottom right of the screen and find transaction under "All transactions" by scrolling down.
- Open the Google Pay app .
- On the top right of the home screen, tap your profile icon.
- Below your profile and tap Google Pay balance .
- Tap Transfer out .
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Tap Next.
- Choose a payment method.
- If there’s no payment method, learn how to add a payment method.
- When you transfer money out of your balance through a bank account, you can transfer at no cost and it should be available in your account within 1–5 business days.
- When you transfer money out of your balance through a debit card, transfers are usually instant. There's a fee of 1.5% (minimum fee of $.31) for these transactions.
- Tap Transfer out.
Tip: If you face issues while transferring money out, here is a list of likely reasons.
Transfer money out of the old Google Pay app
If you have money in the old Google Pay app, you can transfer it to the new Google Pay app. Download the new Google Pay app and sign in with your account that has an existing balance to transfer your money to the new Google Pay app.
Tip: If you don’t switch to the new Google Pay app and want to withdraw your remaining balance, contact us for help.