For a safer, more helpful way to pay and manage your money, we launched a new Google Pay app .
In the new Google Pay app, you can:
- Send and receive money from family and friends. Note that money you receive goes to your account as money in Google Pay.
- Make contactless payments.
- Order food from participating restaurants and eateries.
- Pay for gas, food, and parking at participating locations.
- Participate in promotions that provide opportunities to earn scratch cards and other rewards when you use Google Pay.
- Link your bank accounts, cards, and other transaction data sources, such as bills and receipts, to search across your spending.
- See financial insights based on your spending, such as for upcoming bills, credit limit, or bank fees.
In the Play store or App store, you can download the new Google Pay app .
No. As of May 10th, 2021, you can no longer:
- Send, request, or receive money, or find transactions, on the old Google Pay app .
- Send, request, or receive money on pay.google.com.
- Send or receive money for commercial payments.
As of June 1st, 2021 you can no longer claim money. Any pending transactions from the old Google Pay app should be expired.
If you want to send, receive or request money, download the new Google Pay app .
What happens to my money or balance on the old Google Pay app?
Tip: If you choose not to move over to the new Google Pay app, you can withdraw your balance from pay.google.com. Make sure you sign in to the new Google Pay app with the email address that has a balance on the old Google Pay app.
How do I know if I have a balance in Google Pay?
Do I need to add my payment methods again?
Can I find my past transactions in the new app?
Yes. If you download the new Google Pay app, you can find transactions you made with the old or new app. To find all your transactions:
- Open the Google Pay app .
- Tap Insights .
- Scroll to the “Recent activity” section.
- To find your complete history of past transactions, at the bottom, select All transactions.
What is the age requirement to use Google Pay in the US?
You must be:
- 18 years old or older to use the Google Pay app.
- 13 years old or older to make purchases and transactions outside the Google Pay app, with payment methods and passes saved to your Google Account.