If you verify your identity, you can add money to your Google Pay balance from a verified bank account. You can use your Google Pay balance to send money to friends and pay for Google products.
- You must link a bank account to Google Pay.
- There are limits on adding money to Google Pay balance. Learn more about limits when you add money.
- Open the Google Pay app .
- Tap your profile icon on the top right of the home screen.
- Tap on your Google Pay balance.
- Tap +Add money.
- Enter the amount you want to add.
- Minimum amount is $10.
- Tap Next.
- Choose a bank account as your payment method.
- If there’s no payment method, click Add bank account and follow the steps to link your account. Learn how to add a payment method.
- Tap Add.
- It can take up to 3–5 business days for the money to reach your balance. Learn more about transfer times.
Tip: If you face issues adding money, here is a list of likely reasons.