Where you can make contactless payments
You can pay with Google Pay wherever contactless payments with near-field communication (NFC) are supported. To find out if contactless payments are supported, find the Google Pay symbol or Contactless symbol.
Before you make contactless payments
- Add a supported debit or credit card to Google Pay and follow the steps to verify your card with your bank. Learn which cards are supported.
- Turn on near-field communication (NFC). To turn on NFC, check your phone’s settings app. To find the setting, search for
How to pay
Step 1: Unlock your phone
Step 2: Connect to the payment reader
- Hold the back of your phone just above the payment reader for a few seconds.
- When the contactless payment is successful, a blue check mark appears on your phone.
Make a contactless payment
Step 3: Follow instructions on your screen
- Debit cards: Enter the PIN you set up with your bank.
- Credit cards: For larger transactions, sign the receipt or the signature box on the screen.
Pay with a different card
You can use any card you set up for contactless payments.
- On your Android phone, open the Google Pay app .
- On the home screen, tap Tap to pay .
- Swipe left or right to the card you want to use.
- Start your payment.