If you have multiple payment profiles on your Google Account, make sure you use an individual payment profile, not a business payment profile.
- Go to pay.google.com.
- In the top right, select your name.
- Select a profile that isn't associated with a business.
If you don’t get the text message verification for Google Pay, try these steps:
Step 1: Make sure your phone number is correct & active in the US
- To use Google Pay, you must use a US phone number. Google Pay doesn’t work with international phone numbers.
- Make sure your phone number is entered correctly and includes the US country code +1.
- Make sure your phone number is active. If you use a prepaid phone number, make sure you have money in your prepaid account.
Step 2: Make sure you’re online
- Your mobile data is turned on.
- Airplane mode is turned off.
- You have cellular signal.
Step 3: Test your connection
- If you have a data connection on your device, go to any website.
- Ask someone to send you a text.
- Make sure you don't have an app that limits your data connection, such as a Virtual Private Network (VPN).
Step 4: Ask for a new verification code
If you still don’t get the text message, on the verification screen, tap Resend OTP.
Step 5: Restart Google Pay or your device
- Close the app and open it again.
- If that doesn’t work, uninstall the app and download it again.
- You can also restart your phone and open the app again.
If the earlier steps don’t work, contact Google Pay support.