You can cancel your Google One membership plan at any time.
What happens when you cancel Google One
- You'll stop future Google One payments.
- You and your family members will lose access to extra member benefits and Google experts via the Google One app and website.
- You and your family members will lose access to your additional storage. Each person will keep their default 15GB of free storage.
If you cancel while you're using more than 15GB of storage, you'll notice some restrictions. For example:
You can’t send or receive messages. Messages sent to you are returned to the sender.
- As of June 1, 2021, if you remain inactive or go over your storage quota for 2 years or longer, all of your emails may be deleted.
You can’t sync or upload new files. You can’t create new files in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drawings, Forms, and Jamboard. Until you reduce the amount of storage you use, neither you nor anyone else can edit or copy your affected files. Syncs stop between your computer's Google Drive folder and My Drive.
- As of June 1, 2021, if you remain inactive or go over your storage quota for 2 years or longer, your content within the affected products may be deleted.
- As of June 1, 2021, if you remain inactive or go over your storage quota for 2 years or longer, all of your content may be removed from Gmail, Drive, and Photos.
How soon your membership ends
When you cancel your membership, your Google One storage and benefits won’t go away immediately. You have until the end of the billing cycle to use them. At that time, you will lose all your benefits.
Cancel your Google One plan
To stop payments for Google One and end your membership:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google One app .
- At the top, tap Settings Cancel membership.
- To confirm, tap Cancel membership.
You should get a confirmation that your subscription is cancelled.
If you sign up through iTunes
If you sign up for Google One through iTunes on an iPhone or iPad and later switch to an Android device: You can't adjust your membership or change your payment method in the app. To update your account and other info, use iTunes on another device.
If you don't want to cancel your membership, you can decrease storage instead.
Google storage plan purchases are non-refundable. The amount of storage you purchased is yours for the length of the subscription, even if you decide to cancel it.