If you think a purchase was made or money was sent or received fraudulently, you can dispute a transaction. You can cancel some payments you made using Google Pay.
Before you dispute
- Make sure the payment isn't an authorization hold. Google Pay confirms that your credit card is valid with a temporary $0 or $1 charge. It will disappear after 1 to 7 business days, depending on your bank.
- Check that the payment wasn't made by a family member or friend with access to your Google Account or payment method.
- If you recently canceled an order or payment, it may take some time for the payment to be credited back to your account.
Payments you, your family, or your friends made for Google products
These instructions are for purchases made on or for Google products like Google Play, YouTube, or Google Store.
Dispute or report a payment you did not authorize
If you think a payment was made fraudulently, you can dispute a transaction.
Note: If someone you know made a purchase accidentally, follow the instructions in "Cancel a payment" below.
Cancel a payment
Contact the product’s support team.
Note: This info is for individuals, not businesses. For more info about Google Pay for businesses, visit the Payments Center Help Center.
Cancel a subscription
If you cancel a subscription, any payments you've already made won't be refunded. Cancellations can't be undone, but you can always re-subscribe.
You can cancel some subscriptions in Google Pay.
- Sign in to Subscriptions.
- Find the subscription you want to cancel and tap or click Manage.
- Choose Cancel subscription.
- If you don’t see this option, click Manage subscription to go to the Google product you subscribed through. You can cancel the subscription there.
- If you don’t see either option, cancel through the subscription provider.
Payments you made to other businesses using Google Pay
To cancel, dispute, or report a payment you made to an outside business in stores, on the web, or in an app, contact the retailer where you made the purchase.
Money you sent to someone
Cancel money you sent to someone
- Go to pay.google.com.
- Click the transaction you want to cancel. If you don’t see it, click View more transactions.
- Click Cancel payment. If you don’t see this option, the recipient has already claimed the money or it’s too late to cancel the money. Ask the recipient to return the money.
- It can take up to 10 days to see the refund, depending on the payment method used.