If you think that a purchase was made or money was sent or received fraudulently, you can dispute a transaction. You can cancel some payments that you made using Google Pay.
Before you dispute
- Make sure that the payment isn't an authorisation hold. Google Pay confirms that your credit card is valid with a temporary $0 or $1 charge. It will disappear after one to seven working days, depending on your bank.
- Check that the payment wasn't made by a family member or friend with access to your Google Account or payment method.
- If you recently cancelled an order or payment, it may take some time for the payment to be credited back to your account.
Payments that you, your family or your friends made for Google products
These instructions are for purchases made on or for Google products like Google Play, YouTube or Google Store.
Dispute or report a payment that you did not authorise
If you think that a payment was made fraudulently, you can dispute a transaction.
Note: If someone that you know made a purchase accidentally, follow the instructions in 'Cancel a payment' below.
Cancel a payment
Contact the product's support team.
Note: This info is for individuals, not businesses. For more info about Google Pay for businesses, visit the Payments Centre Help Centre.
Cancel a subscription
If you cancel a subscription, any payments that you've already made won't be refunded. Cancellations can't be undone, but you can always re-subscribe.
You can cancel some subscriptions in Google Pay.
- Sign in to Subscriptions.
- Find the subscription that you want to cancel and tap or click Manage.
- Choose Cancel subscription.
- If you can't see this option, click Manage subscription to go to the Google product that you subscribed through. You can cancel the subscription there.
- If you can't find either option, cancel through the subscription provider.
Payments that you made to other businesses using Google Pay
To cancel, dispute or report a payment that you made to an outside business in shops, on the web or in an app, contact the retailer where you made the purchase.
Money that you sent to someone
Cancel money that you sent to someone
- Go to pay.google.com.
- Click the transaction that you want to cancel. If you can't find it, click View more transactions.
- Click Cancel payment. If you can't find this option, the recipient has already claimed the money or it's too late to cancel the money. Ask the recipient to return the money.
- It can take up to 10 days to receive the refund, depending on the payment method used.