Get the latest news with the Google News app widget on your Home screen.
Add the Google News app widget
Important: This feature is available for iPhone on iOS 14 and up and iPadOS 14 and up. If you recently installed the Google News app, you may need to open the app before the widget appears in the widget gallery.
To add the Google News Briefing widget on your iPhone or iPad:
- Touch and hold the home screen.
- In the top left, tap Add .
- Search for the Google News app and tap it.
- To select the widget size, swipe right or left.
- Tap Add widget.
- Place the widget on your home screen.
- In the top right, tap Done.
Tip: To add the Google News Briefing widget on your iPad, go to Today View. On your home screen, swipe all the way to the right.