/googlenest/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
Heat link has suddenly dead, no light and unable to do anything. 0 Recommended Answers 1 Relevant Answer 118 Replies 42 Upvotes
1 Update
$0 Updates
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
Nest thermostat has suddenly come up with an error H71. I’ve checked the heat link and it seems to be dead. No light or anything, there’s power going to it and my boiler. I’ve tried resetting and still nothing.
Only had the system for just over a year!
Tried to contact Google via chat and nothing, also tried Twitter and nothing.
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (1)
Relevant Answer
Currently experiencing the same problem! I have two 3rd gen thermostats for multiple zones! One of the heat links status light is   Off. There is power at heat link terminal. I’ve also tried a 30 second reset but nothing happens! Other heat-link works fine! Please help
marked this as an answer
All Replies (118)
Relevant Answer
Exactly the same thing happened to me yesterday. Had the Nest for just over a year, and heat link box is dead. Spent 2 hours on Google chat without getting through to correct person, its a joke.  Had an email this morning, but expect I'll have to contact them again.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same here. Just died. No green light. Here I go again. Now with the heat link. My other thermostats have both had WiFi chip burnouts. Any response Google?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My Nest Heat Link seems to have died after just over a year in use. No lights on the device at all, and no way of turning on the heat on a cold January day. If possible, I will go back to a conventional thermostat, as I was always concerned that that a digital connection would prove problematic.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the late reply. We're sorry to hear about your Nest thermostats. 

I'd kindly ask all of you to try these steps:
  • Does anything happen if you press its button for 30 seconds? 
  • In some cases the boiler will have an additional isolation switch which can turn off the power to both the Heat Link and the boiler. Can you try switching that off/on again to see if anything changes?
  • Make sure the breakers are on or the fuse board hasn't tripped.
Moreover, to have a better view over each of your cases, please help us with some answers:
  1. How often do you experience the issue?
  2. How long has your thermostat been installed for?
  3. What colour is the Heat Link LED?
  4. What is showing on the Nest thermostat display?
  5. Have you had any power cuts recently?
  6. Have you had any work done on your electrical or heating systems recently?
  7. How many zones are present in the setup?
  8. Is there power present to your boiler?
Once you've tried these steps and if you still have this issue with your Heat Link, please reply to the thread confirming that the steps were carried out, together with the answers for the above questions and we'll make sure to further assist you with this. 

Regards,
Karina
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I have tried the recommended steps and answer as follows:
  • Does anything happen if you press its button for 30 seconds? No
  • In some cases the boiler will have an additional isolation switch which can turn off the power to both the Heat Link and the boiler. Can you try switching that off/on again to see if anything changes? Tried that with no improvement
  • Make sure the breakers are on or the fuse board hasn't tripped. Confirmed breakers havn't tripped
Moreover, to have a better view over each of your cases, please help us with some answers:
  1. How often do you experience the issue? First time this morning
  2. How long has your thermostat been installed for?15 months
  3. What colour is the Heat Link LED? LED is extinguished
  4. What is showing on the Nest thermostat display? H71 error
  5. Have you had any power cuts recently? No
  6. Have you had any work done on your electrical or heating systems recently? No
  7. How many zones are present in the setup? One
  8. Is there power present to your boiler? Yes
Once you've tried these steps and if you still have this issue with your Heat Link, please reply to the thread confirming that the steps were carried out, together with the answers for the above questions and we'll make sure to further assist you with this.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Sid,

Thank you for dropping by here at the Google Nest community forum. I appreciate your time on bringing this to our attention. I've reached out to you through email on the address associated with your forum profile.

I hope to hear from you very soon.

Regards,
Karina
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Karina 
Mine has been replaced under warranty, thank you. 
Dave K
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Woken up this morning to the H71 error code, heatlink has no lights or power so we have no heating with a 2-month old in the house. I've turned the power off and on, no fuse issue and the boiler is powered up fine. Pressed the nest button for 20-30 seconds and no response at all. We have the 3rd generation nest purchased May 19 so assume this can be sorted under warranty?

I have the following answers to the queries below:
  1. How often do you experience the issue? This morning for the first time and can't get any response
  2. How long has your thermostat been installed for? Since May 2019
  3. What colour is the Heat Link LED? There is no LED light
  6. Have you had any work done on your electrical or heating systems recently? No

I have also completed all the suggested steps and no response from the heatlink
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi everyone,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry for the late reply. 

@David, I'm glad to hear you've been taken care of. 
@Henry, I had a look at your email address associated to your forum profile and noticed your case is currently handled by our senior support team. For the best course of action, I advise you to keep corresponding with them.

Regards,
Karina
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I appear to be having the same issue. 
Woken up this morning to the H71 error code, heatlink has no lights or power so we have no heating. I've turned the power off and on, no fuse issue and the boiler is powered up fine. Pressed the nest button for 20-30 seconds and no response at all.

I have the following answers to the queries below:
  1. How often do you experience the issue? Been permanently off for about a week. 
  2. How long has your thermostat been installed for? Since May 2020
  3. What colour is the Heat Link LED? There is no LED light

Any help would be appreciated.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/googlenest/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic