/googlenest/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
How do I change my Google Home Hub location? 0 Recommended Answers 9 Replies 27 Upvotes
1 Recommended Answer
$0 Recommended Answers
1 Relevant Answer
$0 Relevant Answers
Please dont send me to the web page detailing how to do it because it is incorrect. 

I have seen:
  1. “On your mobile device, open the Google Home app  .
  2. In the bottom right corner, tap Account .
  3. Verify that the Google Account that is listed is the one linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, click the triangle to the right of the account name.
  4. Tap the device  Settings   Assistant.
  5. Under the Assistant devices section, tap the device you want.
  6. Tap Device Address.
  7. Enter the address  Set address.
You can edit or delete this address at any time.” 

It. Does. Not. Work. There is no menu under the device setting called “assistant” or “device address. 

I need screenshot, or a video. Or a better explaination.
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (9)
Relevant Answer
Same... I just got one. There is no place under the device settings to change the “device address”. Keeps telling me in in a different state. Ive followrd all the guides onlime but they all say the same thing and none of them are helpful.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Here, you go, I've reviewed and improved the steps. I'll take a look at the webpage and send in some feedback for you. 
  1. On your mobile device, open the Google Home app  .
  2. In the bottom right corner, tap Account .
  3. Verify that the Google Account that is listed is the one linked to Google Home. To switch accounts, click the triangle to the right of the account name.
  4. Tap Home 
  5. Tap the device you wish to set the address for
  6. Tap the device Settings 
  7. Tap Device Address.
  8. Enter the address
  9. Tap Set address.
Let me know if it's still not clear. 

Sandie
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
There is no setting for the device to change the device address. 
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Mary, 

You're not in the right place. Open your Google Home app  and tap the Home   icon at the bottom left of the screen. You should now see a screen with your Google Home devices listed on it. Find and tap on your Google Home Hub device. This will open a new screen, at the top right Tap the device Settings . This will open a new screen, where you should see Device address: 
  1. Tap Device Address.
  2. Enter the address
  3. Tap Set address.
Let me know how you get on. 

Sandie
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Mary I've just realised that the image that you posted to help me understand the issue has your email address displayed. I'm unable to remove the image for you, but suggest you edit the post and remove it yourself. This is a public forum so your email address is available in the image for anyone that chooses to use it. 

Sandie
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi Mary,

I haven't heard back from you, did you get this resolved or do you still need assistance? 

Sandie
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Don’t you wish you could call someone like Apple to get your issue resolved immediately. I just got a new Hub and I am putting it where my Google home was. I’m trying to figure out if I can just unplug and start anew or if the names need to be changed and the old one unlinked. Takes a lot of research to figure out a simple thing....or not so simple as the case may be. 🙄
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
@Jeffrey: you can just unplug any of the Google Nest speakers or displays and move them to your preferred location. After doing so, if you've moved the device to a new room, you should also consider accessing the Google Home app, tapping on the device that's been moved, and assigning it to the room you've physically moved it to. 

This is a community forum, but you'll find a "Contact us" link at the top right of the forum that will display the support options available in your region (if the options are not applicable to your region, scroll to the bottom of the page and select the correct region).

You can also access contact options from the Google Home app: 
  1. Tap on account symbol at the top right of the app.
  2. Tap Help & feedback. 
  3. Select the appropriate help category and you'll see the available options. 
Hope that helps!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Thank you very much for the information. Appreciate the response.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
Delete post?
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/googlenest/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Marked as Recommended Answer
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic