/googlenest/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
This post is a trending issue.
Google Home Mini Not Connecting To Spotify Premium
In the past week or so I've had issues with my Google Home Minis - one is a connectivity issue. I've had to reset and connect to WiFi 5 or 6 times otherwise they aren't working. Because of this issue, my Spotify account was disconnected and when I try to reconnect, it is only giving me the Spotify Free option even though I am a premium member.

I've tried: unlinking any music account in the Google Home app, logging out of Spotify, unplugging the Google Home mini, plugging it back in, logging back into Spotify, and relinking the account in the Google Home app, but it STILL is only giving me the Spotify Free option. It's like it doesn't recognize that I am a premium member. I've also confirmed that the account I'm using on Spotify is the same account I'm linking in the app. 

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (498)
Relevant Answer
I am having the same problem.  I have found many other posts an all different websites.  I have tried all their trouble-shooting tips including:
--unplugging and plugging back in the Google Home mini speaker
--Rebooting the device through the Google Home app
--Unlinking Spotify from Google Home
--Re-linking Spotify to Google Home
--Unlinking the device from my Google account
--Relinking the device to my Google account
--Uninstalled then re-installed the Spotify app
--Logged out of Spotify
--Logged back in to Spotify, ensuring that I have logged in with my Device username (the 9-digit numerical ID and not my email address)
--Linked my Spotify account via the Google Home app using the Device username and password

None of it worked.  The speaker will play other music apps, such as Google Play.  Spotify will play music, just not connect to the speaker.  So each seems to be functioning independently, they just can't communicate.  And yes, they are on the same WiFi network.

The problem started last week where the Spotify app wouldn't connect to the speaker through the app itself, which is how I historically connected.  Since last week, I could still do it, but I had to go through the Google Home app, and click "Play Music" on the device.  Now, today, it won't even do that.  If I click "Play Music" it does nothing.  If I go through Spotify, it attempts to connect (the speaker makes the little sound it normally does at the beginning of the connection) but it never fully connects.  And if I use a voice command, it says "Okay, playing music on Spotify" and then after a brief pause, it says something went wrong and try again.

Has anyone found the resolution yet?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Same issue, started today. Google encountered an error, try again when you can.

But casting works, so... Google works, Spotify works, but streaming Spotify from Google fails.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I’m having the same issue. How do we contact Google for help?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
My Google Home Mini just started having this issue today in the middle of me listening to music. I tried to change the playlist I was listening through the spotify app on my phone and it didn't respond. So I tried the verbal option though the home mini and it just told me there was problem. I have:

-unplugged and replugged my google home mini
-fully reset and set up as new my GH mini
-Unlinked and relinked my spotify account 

It was working up until like 30 minutes ago so that's annoying. They are connected to the same network and although my spotify account is a different address I've been using it without a problem for months. It won't connect though the Spotify app either so I can't use it at all.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I tried all the solutions listed above and nothing worked for me.  I tried unlinking and relinking Spotify.  I tried rebooting the Google nest mini.  Nothing.  Someone above mentioned podcasting, so i made sure Spotify was my default podcasting provider as well as music provider.  That shouldn't make any difference since I'm trying to play music not podcasts.  Then i also created a group for my devices.  Again, should not matter since i only have 1 Google device.  Then i selected the group to play Spotify on and magically it started working immediately.  Will update again if it stops again.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/googlenest/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic