Thanks for reaching — let's check on this further.
There are several things that can keep Nest Secure from fully arming or block arming altogether. If you have any of the issues below, Guard’s Info button will turn red and the Nest app will tell you what’s happening.
Things that will block arming:
1. Very low battery on Guard
2. A software update is in progress
3. Hardware failure
4. Wireless interference
You might need to restart your Nest Guard and your router to refresh their connection and try again. Check this link for the steps.
Let us know how it goes.
- Remove Nest Secure from your account in the Nest app.
- Set Nest Secure to Off with Nest Guard’s keypad, or the alarm may sound.
- Press and hold down the 2 button on Guard’s keypad.
- Keep holding down the button while Guard goes through a software version and check.
- When Guard says, “Release to erase all settings,” let go of the button.
- Guard will speak again and say, “Erasing all settings and returning to factory defaults in five seconds. Press any button to cancel.”
- You’ll see the light ring turn yellow and begin a five second countdown. Press any button before the countdown ends to cancel the reset.
- If you don’t cancel, the light ring will spin blue and Guard will say, “Erasing all settings. This might take a minute."
- When it’s about to restart you’ll hear, "Nest Guard is restarting. Be right back."
We found the following personal information in your message:
This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?
Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.