We've moved! Check out our community and ask a question at googlenestcommunity.com

/googlenest/community?hl=en
This content is likely not relevant anymore. Try searching or browse recent questions.
New entertainment features coming soon!
Hey Google Nest Community,

Just in time for summer, Chromecast with Google TV and Nest Displays are getting new entertainment options and helpful features for making plans or shaking up your weeknight TV routine.

Check out new features available to try now and a few coming soon on your Nest devices.

Try it out now:
SLING TV is coming to Chromecast with Google TV
Starting later today, SLING TV channels will be fully integrated on Chromecast with Google TV. This will make it easier than ever to browse, discover and enjoy live sports, news, entertainment and more. Use the Home app to link your existing SLING account or sign up for a new one. Then navigate to the Live tab to watch your favorite live programming from SLING.

Customize events & set up household contact in your Home app
You can now customize events in your Home app feed. This includes notifications from Nest devices like your cameras, Wi-Fi and thermostats, by hiding certain categories from view and prioritizing the ones you want to see. You can change the settings directly in the feed or from the menu on any event card. 

And now when you set up a new Nest smart display or speaker from the Home app, you’ll have the ability to set up household contacts on “speed dial” for anyone in your household. So you can easily make calls from your home devices, even if they don't have a Google account.

Guest Mode gains new languages
The feature that lets anyone play music or ask questions without saving Google Assistant interactions or offering personal results is now available in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese and Korean. 

Coming soon:
Stadia is coming to Chromecast with Google TV
On June 23, Stadia will be available to play on Chromecast with Google TV. With Stadia, you’re able to play your favorite games in seconds, without waiting for downloads, updates, or installs—and you can jump from the show you’re watching right into your Stadia game on the newest Chromecast device. 

Book a restaurant reservation on your Nest smart display
Soon, making a dinner reservation at a restaurant will get even easier using your Nest smart display. Just say, “Hey Google, book a table at Osteria Morini'' or another supported restaurant in the US. You can also tap on the 'book a table there' suggestion chip when viewing the details of a restaurant. 

We hope these are helpful additions to your home, no matter what your summer plans look like. Let us know in the comments which feature you are most excited about!

The Google Nest team
Details
Pinned
Latest Update Latest Updates (0)
Relevant Answer Relevant Answers (0)
All Replies (69)
Relevant Answer
US only???
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Yeah, let me guess, US only right?
Which features am I most excited about? How about all of them, and all the features that we outside the US still don't have.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
We need now tv and all4 in the UK then this device will be perfect
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I'd be a lot more interested if the update was, "make is so that the Google home I'm sitting next to responds to me, and not the one in the other room behind a closed door."

Or even, "make it so I can see and manage all the alarms for all my devices."
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Utterly disappointed to see that Google has shown absolutely no interest in bringing Chromecast with Google TV to a market as large as India. Complete radio silence on this matter on all platforms when asked.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
When could we have the integration between Chromecast device (video) and Nest ones (audio surround)?
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Hi! This is a really exciting update! My Chromecast with Google TV was updated last night. Though I my Sling account is linked I don't see a Live tab. Are there additional steps required to enable the Live tab? Thanks!
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
I am really excited about this update I cannot wait to set up my Google Nest home
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
Great! But please add the ability to lock the screens. Personally, I'd like to be able to stop guests from changing a song that's playing or touching lights, the temperature, etc.
marked this as an answer
Relevant Answer
What are you upset about everyone wants smart devices in their homes but want to have to do no leg work. They want these things to be custom setup for them and the way that they're going to use it right out of the box and besides two step authorization is not that hard can do a password and pin or a pin and a swipe. Or why not just let them sign in as guest or is you create a new home with those family members and Friends with the devices you want to share with them.
marked this as an answer
This question is locked and replying has been disabled.
Discard post? You will lose what you have written so far.
Write a reply
10 characters required
Failed to attach file, click here to try again.
Discard post?
You will lose what you have written so far.
Personal information found

We found the following personal information in your message:

This information will be visible to anyone who visits or subscribes to notifications for this post. Are you sure you want to continue?

A problem occurred. Please try again.
Create Reply
Edit Reply
This will remove the reply from the Answers section.
Notifications are off
Your notifications are currently off and you won't receive subscription updates. To turn them on, go to Notifications preferences on your Profile page.
Report abuse
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
What type of post are you reporting?
Google takes abuse of its services very seriously. We're committed to dealing with such abuse according to the laws in your country of residence. When you submit a report, we'll investigate it and take the appropriate action. We'll get back to you only if we require additional details or have more information to share.

Go to the Legal Help page to request content changes for legal reasons.

Reported post for abuse
Unable to send report.
This reply is no longer available.
/googlenest/threads
//accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin
You'll receive email notifications for new posts at
Unable to delete question.
Unable to update vote.
Unable to update subscription.
You have been unsubscribed
Deleted
Unable to delete reply.
Removed from Answers
Removed from Updates
Marked as Recommended Answer
Marked as Update
Removed recommendation
Undo
Unable to update reply.
Unable to update vote.
Thank you. Your response was recorded.
Unable to undo vote.
Thank you. This reply will now display in the answers section.
Link copied
Unlocked
Unable to lock
Unable to unlock
Pinned
Unpinned
Unable to pin
Unable to unpin
Marked
Unmarked
Unable to mark
Reported as off topic