What router settings do I need to set up Google Home?
- Make sure your router is within 10-15 feet of your Google Home.
- Enable: Universal Plug and Play (UPnP), multicast, Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP).
- Disable: AP/client isolation, virtual private networks (VPNs), proxy servers, IGMP Proxy.
- Please note, each router and its settings are a bit different. Contact your router manufacturer for details.
- If you’re using a BT Hub, turn off the Smart Setup feature in the router settings and reset the Google Home. Check out Switching Smart Setup on and off on the BT Home Hub 4 or Hub 5 for more details.
- Please keep in mind that resetting or making changes to your router settings may have unintended consequences. If you have questions or concerns, please consult your router manufacturer or ISP before making any changes.
- Reply to this thread and answer the following questions:
- Are you experiencing any particular error message?
- What’s your router’s make and model?
- What color is the LED light on your device? Is it solid or flashing?
On Sunday, August 27, 2017 at 2:26:14 PM UTC-5, Stetson Starkey wrote:
Yes, same. I am quite frustrated right now that nobody seems to have some real answers.
Some community members might have badges that indicate their identity or level of participation in a community.
Member levels indicate a user's level of participation in a forum. The greater the participation, the higher the level. Everyone starts at level 1 and can rise to level 10. These activities can increase your level in a forum:
- Post an answer.
- Having your answer selected as the best answer.
- Having your post rated as helpful.
- Vote up a post.
- Correctly mark a topic or post as abuse.
Having a post marked and removed as abuse will slow a user's advance in levels.
View profile in forum?
To view this member's profile, you need to leave the current Help page.
Report abuse in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To report abuse, you need to leave the current Help page.
Reply in forum?
This comment originated in the Google Product Forum. To reply, you need to leave the current Help page.