With Google Meet, you can host or join large video meetings with up to 100 friends, family, and coworkers on your Google Nest Hub Max. This feature is available in English in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Learn more about Google Meet.
Before you begin
- You’ll need a Google Account to create or join a meeting.
- Download the latest version of the Google Home app and the Google Assistant app.
- Google Workspace accounts are currently only supported in beta. Google Workspace administrators can sign up at https://g.co/gSuiteAssistantBeta.
Create a meeting
You can start a meeting directly from your display or schedule a meeting in advance with Google Calendar.
Start a meeting with your display
To start a new meeting
- Say “Ok, Google, start a meeting,” or from your display tap the Meet card and then Start a meeting. You’ll find information about your new meeting, including a link you can share with people you want to invite.
- Tap Join now.
Invite people to a new meeting
- After you start a meeting, you’ll receive a notification through the Google Assistant app . Tap the notification to share the meeting info with others.
- Each person you invite will then request to join. To allow access to the meeting, on your display, tap Admit. If you aren’t sure who’s trying to join, you can tap Deny entry to prevent access.
Schedule a meeting with Google Calendar
When you schedule a meeting in advance, your guests will receive an email with the event information and a link to join the video meeting. Learn more about creating events in Calendar.
Note: Guests can forward the meeting link to other people. If someone tries to join who was not invited to your event, or an invited guest tries to join the meeting using a different email address, they won’t be able to enter unless you accept their request to join.
Join a meeting
You can join a meeting by entering a meeting code or through your display’s calendar events.
Enter a meeting code
To join a meeting on your Google Nest display:
- Say “Ok, Google, join a meeting,” or tap the Google Meet card on your display.
- Tap Enter a meeting code.
- Enter the meeting code that the organizer shared with you.
- Tap Join now.
The meeting code is the string of letters at the end of the meeting link. You don't have to enter the hyphens.
Join a scheduled meeting
If a meeting is on your Google calendar, it will appear on your display. Swipe left on your display to find what events are coming up on your calendar. To join, tap your calendar event, and then Join with Google Meet. Learn more about other ways you or your guests can join meetings.
During the meeting
Mute or unmute your audio
Turn off or on your camera
Pin or unpin participants
You can pin someone’s feed to keep them visible on your screen throughout the meeting. This will switch your meeting layout from grid view to sidebar view. Unpinning will switch your view back to grid view.
To pin a participant, double-tap their video feed. To unpin, double-tap their video feed again.
This can also be done by tapping a participant’s feed More options Pin or Unpin.
To remove someone from the call:
- Tap More options About this call.
- Next to the participant you want to remove from the meeting, tap Remove .
Note: Only the meeting organizer can remove participants from a call.
View who is in your meeting and additional information
You can find a list of all callers and meeting info such as the meeting link and dial-in numbers.
Tap More options About this call.
View in-call messages
End a meeting
You can leave a meeting by saying “OK Google, hangup,” or by tapping End call . If you leave your meeting early, you can also return to the call by tapping Rejoin.