Your device may be affected by this issue if both of these are true:
- Your speaker is unresponsive when you say "Hey Google."
- Your speaker doesn't make any sound when you attempt to factory reset it.
If you’re experiencing this behavior, you’ll need to factory reset your speaker using this workaround:
- Unplug the power cord from your speaker. Wait for 10 seconds. Plug it back in, and wait until all 4 lights on top illuminate.
- Repeat step 1, 10 more times.
- After you plug your speaker back in the final time, you'll need to wait a few moments for the device to reset. It will announce "Welcome to Google Home. To get started, download the Google Home app on a phone or tablet," to let you know that it’s ready for setup.
This solution could be tedious, but your patience is greatly appreciated.