Your device may be affected by this issue if both of these are true:
- Your speaker is unresponsive when you say "Hey Google."
- Your speaker doesn't make any sound when you attempt to factory reset it.
If you’re experiencing this behavior, you’ll need to factory reset your speaker using this workaround:
- Unplug the power cord from your speaker, wait 10 seconds, then plug it back in and wait until all 4 LED lights on top illuminate.
- Repeat step 1 ten more times.
- After plugging your speaker back in the final time, you''ll need to wait a few moments for the device to reset. It will announce "Welcome to Google Home. To get started, download the Google Home app on a phone or tablet" to let you know that it’s ready for setup.
We know this solution is tedious and we appreciate your patience.