Use the Home Feed tab in the Google Home app to review events that your Nest products have detected. Check the Feed at the bottom of the Home app for important events, like a person seen or a package delivered or a general recap of the day’s recent events in your home. You can also tap on Feed events to take action, like watch a video clip or listen to an audio clip.
Note: If you own a camera, you’ll need a Nest Aware subscription to view video events in the Feed, use emergency calling or use video history. Without Nest Aware, you can still see camera events from the last 3 hours.
Example events in the Feed include:
- Events from your Nest cameras or thermostat
- Network insights detected by Nest Wifi or Google Wifi
- Certain sounds detected on Google Nest or Home speakers and displays (with Nest Aware (US only))
Personalise your Feed
Events can be personalised to show just events that you want to see.
- From settings: Tap Feed customisation settings toggle the events that you want to see on or off.
- From an event card: Tap Hide motion events.
Priority events show you recent, important events that are going on in your home, such as faces seen, sound or motion detected and more.
- Tap the event to check more details, such as when it happened and which device it was recorded on.
- You can also take action, such as labelling faces seen by your cameras or going to the live view.
- Note: Before you add someone’s face to your library, check the local law and get their permission first, if required.
- If you don’t need to check the event in your Feed, tap Dismiss. The event will still appear in Home history.
Recent events shows you the latest things that happened in your home. Older events are in Home history.
Video and sound events
Note: Sound detection and emergency calling features are only available in the US.
Event-based recording (EBR)
The Feed shows you clips from your EBR so that you can check what’s going on in your home. To learn more about EBR, you can check out the Event-Based recording for cameras article.
If the speakers and displays in your home detect the sound of a smoke alarm or the sound of glass breaking, you’ll get a notification from the Home app. Open the notification to learn more about what’s going on and make an emergency call with the Home app if you need to.
Your Home history shows you events that happen in your home, like when motion or sound is detected on your supported Google or Nest devices, going back up to 60 days. Learn more about how Nest Aware stores video events.
To browse through your Home’s history:
- At the top of the screen, tap on a date to view that day’s history.
- Swipe left or right to quickly scroll through dates.
If you want to look for specific types of events, you can set up filters to view events by room, people spotted, sounds detected and more.
To use filters on the Home app:
- Under 'Recent events' in the Home Feed screen, tap See all history.
- At the top right, tap Filters.
- Choose the filters that you want to find results for and select Show results.
- When you’ve finished using the filter view, tap Clear all to check your full history.
Delete event history
If you don’t want to view certain events in your Home history, they can be deleted.
Note: You can also delete your camera history in the Nest app.
You can delete all history for specific cameras in the Home app, but you can’t delete individual camera events. When you delete your camera history, it will delete all video history in the Home app and the Nest app. It won’t delete individual clips that you saved in the Nest app.
- Select the camera that you want in the Home app.
- Tap Delete video history Delete.
Sound detection events
- Tap on the event.
- Tap Menu .
- Tap Delete Delete.
Discover cards help you learn more about what your Google Nest devices can do to help you get the most out of them. You may also check offers available for free trials to subscription services.
For example, if you have a Google Nest speaker, cards that show how to use the controls or how to pair it with another speaker in your home might appear.
The Home app sends you notifications when events occur to keep you up to date about what’s going on in your home.
You can customise your notifications when you change your settings for emergency sounds, account changes and more.
- Open the Home app .
- Tap Settings Notifications.
- Tap the item that you want to change.
- Tap the switch to turn the notification on or off.