Use the Home Feed tab in the Google Home app to show you events your supported Nest products have detected in your home. You can check the Feed for important events, like a person seen or a package delivered, or a general recap of the day’s recent events in your home. You can also tap on Feed events to take action, like watch a video clip or listen to an audio clip.
Example events in the Feed include:
- Events from your Nest cameras
- Network issues detected by Nest Wifi
- Certain sounds detected on Google speakers and displays (with Nest Aware (US only))
Priority events show you recent, important events that are going on in your home such as faces seen, sound or motion detected, and more.
- Tap the event to see more details such as when it happened and which device it was recorded on.
- You can also take action such as labeling faces seen by your cameras or go to the live view.
- Note: Before adding someone’s face to your library, please check local law, and get their permission first, if required.
- If you don’t need to see the event in your feed, tap Dismiss. You’ll still see the event in Home history.
Your Home history shows you events that happen in your home, like when motion or sound is detected on your supported Google or Nest devices, going back up to 60 days. If you own a camera, you’ll need a Nest Aware subscription to view video events in the Feed. You can learn more about how Nest Aware stores video events here.
To browse through your Home’s history:
- Tap on a date at the top of the screen to view that day’s history.
- Swipe left or right to quickly scroll through dates.
If you want to look for specific types of events, you can set up filters to view events by room, people spotted, sounds heard and more.
To use filters on the Home app:
- Under Recent events in the Home Feed, screen tap See all history.
- In the top right, tap Filters.
- Choose the filters you want to find results for and select Show results.
- When you’re done using the filter view, tap Clear all to see your full history,
Delete event history
If you don’t want to see certain events in your Home history, they can be deleted.
Note: You can also delete your camera history in the Nest app.
You can delete all history for specific cameras in the Home app, but you can’t delete individual camera events. When you delete your camera history, it will delete all video history in the Home app and the Nest app. It won’t delete individual clips you saved in the Nest app.
- Select the camera you want in the Home app.
- Tap Delete video history Delete.
- Tap on the event.
- Tap Menu .
- Tap Delete Delete.
Discover cards help you learn more about what your devices can do to help you get the most out of your Google Nest devices. You may also see offers available for free trials to subscription services.
You’ll see suggestions based on which Nest devices you have in your home. For example, if you have Google Home, you might see cards showing you how to use the controls, or how to pair it with another speaker in your home.
Video and sound events
Note: Sound detection and emergency calling features are only available in the US.
Video and sound events are only available if you have a Nest Aware subscription. If you don’t have Nest Aware you won’t be able to use certain features such as emergency calling or video history.
Event-based recording (EBR)
The Feed shows you clips from your EBR so you can see what’s going on in your home. To learn more about EBR, you can check out the Learn about Event-Based Recording article.
If the speakers and displays in your home detect the sound of a smoke alarm or the sound of glass breaking, you’ll get a notification from the Home app. Open the notification to learn more about what’s going on and make an emergency call with the Home app if you need to.
The Home app sends you notifications when events occur to keep you up to date about what’s going on in your home
You can customize your notifications by changing your settings for emergency sounds, account changes, and more.
- Open the Home app. In the top right, tap your account.
- Tap Settings .
- Select Notifications.
- Open on the item you want to change.
- Tap the switch to turn the notification on or off.