In the unfortunate event that your Google Nest Hello gets stolen, we can help. When you report your Nest Hello stolen, you can get a free replacement if you qualify. Nest has a theft replacement policy for the Nest Hello video doorbell. This policy does not apply to our other Nest products, and does not apply outside of the United States and Canada.
This replacement policy applies to customers who have installed Nest Hello in the United States and Canada.
What to do when your Nest Hello is stolen after installation
- File a police report. Once you discover that your Nest Hello has been stolen, immediately report the theft to your local police so that they can document it and tell you what to do next. If you have a GoogleNest Aware subscription, save any clips of the theft and provide them to the police.
- Request a copy of the police report. Make sure you receive a copy of the police report. You will need to provide us with a copy of this report to process your replacement.
- Contact us. After receiving the police report, contact us and we’ll guide you through the replacement process.
Important: Don’t remove your Hello from your account in the Nest app until you have contacted Nest Support. We need this information to process your replacement. Nest Hello’s video footage is stored securely in the cloud. There’s nothing an intruder can do about it without your password. Even if a thief steals your Nest Hello, they won’t be able to view or tamper with your footage.
More about the theft replacement policy for Nest Hello
- The replacement of a stolen Nest Hello is a courtesy service provided by Nest. Nest reserves the right to deny this service at any time due to suspected fraud or for any other reason.
- You must file a police report that documents the theft of your Nest Hello.
- You must contact us about the theft within six months of the date printed on the police report to qualify for a replacement.
- We will need to verify that the doorbell was installed and active at the time of the theft.
- The theft replacement policy does not apply to theft during or upon delivery of your Nest Hello, or prior to connecting it to your account in the Nest app.
- We may replace your stolen Nest Hello with a new or refurbished one.