In the unfortunate event that your Google Nest camera or doorbell gets stolen, we can help. When you report your camera or doorbell stolen, you can get a free replacement if you qualify.
- This policy does not apply to our other Nest products.
- Nest Doorbell battery and Nest Cam battery: This replacement policy applies to customers who have installed Nest Doorbell battery or Nest Cam battery in all countries where this camera or doorbell are available.
- Nest Doorbell wired: This replacement policy applies to customers who have installed Nest Doorbell wired in the United States and Canada.
What to do when your camera or doorbell is stolen after installation
- File a police report. Once you discover that your Nest camera or doorbell has been stolen, immediately report the theft to your local police so that they can document it and tell you what to do next. If you have a Google Nest Aware subscription, save any clips of the theft and provide them to the police.
- Request a copy of the police report. Make sure you receive a copy of the police report. You will need to provide us with a copy of this report to process your replacement.
- Contact us. After receiving the police report, contact us within 30 days of the theft and we’ll guide you through the replacement process.
Important: Don’t remove your camera or doorbell from your account in the app until you contact Google Nest Support. We need this information to process your replacement. Your camera or doorbell’s footage is stored securely in the cloud. There’s nothing a thief can do about it without your password. Even if a thief steals your doorbell, they won’t be able to view or tamper with your footage.
More about the theft replacement policy for Nest cameras or doorbells
- The replacement of a stolen camera or doorbell is a courtesy service provided by Google Nest.
- Google Nest reserves the right to deny this service at any time due to suspected fraud or for any other reason.
- You must file a police report that documents the theft of your Nest camera or doorbell.
- You must contact us about the theft within 30 days of the date printed on the police report to qualify for a replacement.
- We will need to verify that the camera or doorbell was installed and active at the time of the theft.
- The theft replacement policy does not apply to theft during or upon delivery of your Nest camera or doorbell, or prior to connecting it to your account in the app.
- We may replace your stolen Nest camera or doorbell with a new or refurbished one.