The Home Report is a monthly email sent out by Google Nest that summarizes your heating and cooling usage, safety events, and other information about your home and products.
If you don't receive your reports, below are some troubleshooting steps you can take. In order to receive your first Home Report, you'll need:
- A verified email address and password to sign in to the Nest app or the Home app.
- A Google Nest product connected to the Nest app or Home app.
You’ll receive your first report about 2 weeks after the end of the month when you first installed your product. Once you've received your first report, you should start to receive a new one in the first or second week of each following month.
Start or stop receiving the Home Report
You need to have your devices connected to Wi-Fi and added to your account in the Nest app or the Home app in order to receive the Home Report. You won’t receive the Home Report if you’ve opted out of product emails from Google Nest. Each person who shares access to your home can change their individual setting.
In the Home app:
- On the home screen, tap Settings .
- Select Notifications General notifications.
- Open Email notifications.
- Tap the switch to turn Home Report emails on or off.
In the Nest app:
- On the app home screen, tap Settings .
- Select Notifications.
- Choose Nest Home Report. You may need to scroll down to find this.
- Tap the switch to turn Nest Home Report on or off.
If you still don’t receive the Home Report, refer to the troubleshooting section below for more help.
Parts of your Home Report are missing
- Not enough data: If there wasn’t enough data from every day of the month, the Home Report may not be able to give you an accurate estimate of your energy use, safety activity, or Works with Nest product activity.
- For example, if you turned off your thermostat while you’re away on vacation. In these cases, Nest may make a guess (if only a few days are missing), or the Home Report won’t include sections of your report if there isn’t enough data.
- Offline: If your device has been offline for a while, it might stop appearing in your Home Report.
- Devices that are offline for long periods of time are kept off your Home Report to keep it relevant and useful.
- As soon as your device gets connected again, it will automatically start appearing in the next month's Home Report.
- If your device is supposed to be online but isn’t, you may need to troubleshoot Wi-Fi and connection issues.
- Devices you don’t use: If your device is continuously offline because you’re not using it anymore, you might want to remove it from your account in the Nest app.
- No monthly total: There are also sections of the report where you get a monthly total, like your total Nest Leaf count. If you haven’t earned any Nest Leafs in a month, then the Home Report won’t show you that section.
You didn't receive your Home Report
1. Verify your email address
If you haven't verified the email address associated with your account in the app, your Nest Home Report won't be sent out.
- Sign in to the app.
- If your email address has not been verified, there will be a prompt to verify your email before you can continue. You can resend a verification email to the email address you used to sign in.
- Once it's been verified, you should start receiving the Nest Home Report each month.
2. Check for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
The Home Report is sent from the “email@example.com” email address.
- Search in your email account to check if the email is in your inbox.
- If nothing comes up in your search, check your junk or spam folder. Your email account may mark unknown email addresses as junk. If this is the case, add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your email contacts or address book.
3. Check your email settings
Some email providers may automatically block Nest emails, so they won’t even make it to your inbox. You may have to add our email address to a separate whitelist or authorized senders list. If you’re not sure how to do this, contact your email’s support or administrator to get help.
4. Check your email in the app (Nest app only)
If you are still having trouble getting email from Nest, try another email address from a different email provider.
- Sign in to the Nest app .
- On the app home screen, tap Menu .
- Select your home.
- In the top right corner, tap Settings .
- Tap Account tap the email address linked to your Nest app.
- To change your email address, choose another email address from the list or Add other email.
- Reenter the new email address to confirm.
- If the new email address doesn't work, switch back to your original email address. This may solve the problem if it was originally set up incorrectly.
- If you still don't receive the report, contact our support team.
5. Check your Wi-Fi connection
If your Nest products aren’t connected to Wi-Fi or are having intermittent connectivity problems, there may be some missing information in your Home Report. To check that your Nest products are connected to Wi-Fi, check the Nest app home screen for any products that may be offline.