Use this article only to troubleshoot your CVR history. For EBR help, visit Troubleshoot event-based recording.
You'll see gaps in your video history if your camera was turned off or was offline. If you have an event-based recording (EBR) subscription, you’ll also see dark grey areas in your timeline with 'No activity detected' when your camera didn’t detect motion or sound events.
- If you have a Nest Aware Plus subscription, you get 24/7 continuous video history (CVR) for the last 10 days, and EBR history (events with gaps) after that.
- If you have a 1st Gen Nest Aware subscription, you get 24/7 continuous video history. Use this article to troubleshoot.
- If you have a Nest Aware subscription, your subscription only includes EBR. For help with video history gaps, visit Troubleshoot event-based recording.
Some of your video history is missing
- Your camera may have turned itself off according to your Home or Away settings.
- Your camera could have turned off if you created a manual schedule.
- Your camera may have lost power. Double-check the power adaptor and wall socket, and make sure that your neighbourhood wasn’t experiencing a power cut at the time.
- There could have been a service outage.
- There could be an issue with your Wi-Fi. You may need to troubleshoot your Wi-Fi connection.
- You may not have enough Internet bandwidth You can change your camera’s video quality,
- Learn about internet bandwidth and speed requirements.
All of your video history is missing
- The Nest Aware trial expired before you signed up for a paid subscription.
- The owner of the Nest home cancelled the paid Nest Aware subscription.
- The Nest Aware subscription was automatically cancelled because the credit card associated with the subscription expired. Before this happens, the Home manager or owner of the Nest home gets a series of emails asking them to update their payment info.