If your Nest Aware subscription has continuous video recording (CVR), you’ll only see gaps in your camera’s Sightline if your camera was turned off or was offline. Use this article to determine why your camera may not have been recording.
Reminder: If you have an event based recording (EBR) subscription, gaps in your camera’s Sightline is normal. For help with your EBR history, use this article to troubleshoot.
Some of your video history is missing
- Your camera may have turned itself off according to your Home/Away Assist settings.
- Your camera could have turned off if you created a manual schedule.
- Your camera may have lost power. Double check the power adapter and wall outlet, and make sure your neighborhood wasn’t experiencing a power outage at the time.
- There could have been a service outage.
- There could be an issue with your Wi-fi. You may need to troubleshoot your Wi-fi connection.
All of your video history is missing
- The Nest Aware trial expired before you signed up for a paid subscription.
- The Owner of the Nest home canceled the paid Nest Aware subscription.
- The Nest Aware subscription was automatically canceled because the credit card associated with the subscription expired. Before this happens, the Home Manager or Owner of the Nest home gets a series of emails asking them to update their payment info.