Google Nest Protect has been tested by Underwriters Laboratories to comply with US and Canadian safety standards as well as tested by UL UK to comply with British and European standards.
The reliability of your smoke and carbon monoxide alarm is critical to your safety. Certification is a rigorous process—we filed pages and pages of specifications with leading safety certification agencies in three different countries to prove that Nest Protect works the way we say it does.
Nest Protect has been tested to comply with safety standards in the United States, Canada, and Europe set out by:
- Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- California State Fire Marshal
- Canadian Standards Association
- UL International (UK) Ltd.
Nest Protect complies with all of the following smoke and carbon monoxide alarm standards:
- UL 2034 - “Single and Multi Station Carbon Monoxide Alarms”
- UL 217 - “Single and Multi Station Smoke Alarms”
- CSA 6.19-01 - “Residential carbon monoxide alarming devices”
- CAN-ULC-S531-02 “Standard for Smoke Alarms”
- EN-14604:2005 - “Smoke alarm devices”
- EN-50271:2010 - “Electrical apparatus for the detection and measurement of combustible gases, toxic gases or oxygen”
- EN-50291-1:2010 - “Electrical apparatus for the detection of carbon monoxide in domestic premises”
- EN-50292:2002 - Electrical apparatus for the detection of carbon monoxide in domestic premises — Guide on the selection, installation, use and maintenance”