You will only be able to purchase new cellular backup service through one of our partners as part of a bundled service plan.
Customers who purchased cellular backup directly from Nest can continue their subscription at the current bill rate.
Customers of cellular backup who complete payment migration to Google Pay will receive cellular backup service at no additional charge. This offer is only available to customers who purchased cellular backup directly from Nest.
Customers who purchased cellular backup directly from Nest can continue using cellular backup service at no additional charge after they complete payment migration to Google Pay. This offer is only available to customers who purchased cellular backup directly from Nest.
If you have a cellular backup subscription and no Nest Aware subscription
- You will need to migrate your Nest Account to a Google Account.
- After you migrate to a Google Account, we’ll automatically refund the rest of your paid cellular backup subscription, and you’ll continue to receive the service.
If you have both cellular backup and Nest Aware subscriptions
You will continue to be billed for your cellular backup and Nest Aware subscriptions as usual until:
- You migrate your Nest Account to a Google Account.
- You add a new Nest Aware subscription to a camera and switch your payment method to GPay (you will be required to do this when you checkout).
- Once you’re on the GPay system, you’ll get a refund for the rest of your paid cellular backup subscription, and you’ll continue to receive the service.
If you choose not to migrate to a Google Account
- Nest will continue to bill you at your current rate.
You can get cellular backup for your Google Nest Secure as part of a product or service bundle from one of our partners.
Cellular backup lets Nest Secure send notifications and enables you to arm, disarm and change settings even if your home’s Wi-Fi is down.
Learn more about cellular backup before subscribing >
Before subscribing, keep in mind:
Your home needs to be within the cellular backup service area. Check with the partner offering cellular backup to see if coverage is available in your area.
If you already have a different Nest product in your home, you must be the Owner of the Nest home that you’re purchasing the subscription for. Other people who share access to the home cannot purchase subscriptions.
Purchase a subscription bundle
Cellular backup bundle options
Cellular backup comes included in some bundles offered by our partners. If you plan on getting cellular backup from one of our partners, contact the partner to find out pricing and purchasing options.
- If you subscribe to professional monitoring, you’ll also get a cellular backup subscription.
- If you purchase a Nest Secure bundle from a mobile service provider, it may already come with a subscription to cellular backup.
Check with your provider to learn if your bundle includes cellular backup and how to activate it.
One way to check is to unplug the Wi-Fi router in your home, wait a couple minutes, open the Nest app on your phone, and tap Security to view your system. If the app says Nest Secure is “Using cellular,” it means you already have cellular backup service. However, if the Nest app says Nest Secure is “Offline” you probably don’t have cellular backup service or you haven’t activated it yet. Contact the partner from whom you purchased the product or service bundle for assistance.
Cancel a subscription
How to cancel your subscription
How to cancel your subscription depends on how you got it.
If you got your cellular backup subscription from one of our partners, you’ll need to contact the partner to cancel your subscription.
If you purchased from nest.com, follow the steps below:
Important: If your subscription lapses or you cancel, cellular backup will only be available with professional monitoring through one of our partners.
- Go to the Nest Store and sign in with the account email and password that you use to sign in to the Nest app.
- Go to the Subscriptions tab.
- Follow the instructions to cancel.