- Pro Setup is an advanced Nest thermostat configuration menu that lets a professional installer set up complex systems, including dual fuel systems, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers.
- The vast majority of systems that are compatible with Google Nest thermostats do not require Pro Setup.
- WARNING: Incorrect settings in Pro Setup can cause your HVAC system to malfunction and may damage it. We strongly advise that only trained installation professionals use Pro Setup. To get a professional to help install and set up your Nest products, contact our installation partner, OnTech.
How to access Pro Setup
When you set up your Nest thermostat, it will ask if you're a homeowner or professional installer. If you answer "Pro," you'll see advanced Pro Setup options.
To access Pro Setup after the initial setup, follow these steps:
- On the Nest thermostat, go to Settings Equipment Continue Continue Pro Setup.
- Read the disclaimer, and if you are an installation professional, continue.
- If you have a heat pump and backup heat, Pro Setup will ask if you have a dual fuel or single fuel system.
- Turn the ring to move between each of the wires connected to the Nest thermostat. Click to select one. You can set and change the source type (such as gas, electric or oil) and the delivery type (like forced air or radiators).
Once you confirm your changes, the newly configured wire will be highlighted in green while the wires you haven't set yet remain in yellow.
- Once you are done with the advanced configuration, click Done Continue Done.