If you’re a customer of one of Nest’s energy partners, you may be able to sign up for Seasonal Savings or Rush Hour Rewards. You may also be eligible for a Google Nest thermostat rebate or even installation at no cost.
For complete details about the Rush Hour Rewards energy program, go to Rush Hour Rewards.
Sign up for Rush Hour rewards
You’ll need two things to sign up for Rush Hour Rewards.
- An account with an energy partner participating in one of our energy saving programs
- A Nest thermostat added to an account in the Home app or Nest app
You’ll typically get an email to sign up for Rush Hour Rewards a few days after you install your thermostat and connect it to an account in the Home or Nest app. But you can search for Rush Hour Rewards programs in your area and sign up anytime.
Note: If there aren’t any available for your area. Keep in mind, there are other ways your Nest thermostat can help you use energy wisely. See our tips for improving energy savings with your Nest thermostat.
- Open the Home app and tap + Rebates and rewards.
- Tap on the link and enter your zip code or postcode to get a list of energy providers you can sign up with.
- Open the Nest app and tap Settings Rebates and rewards.
- Take a look at the energy saving programs available in your area, and tap on your energy provider to learn more and sign up.
Stop participating in a Rush Hour
If you ever get uncomfortable, simply change the temperature on your thermostat to stop participating in the Rush Hour event. If you stop participation in the event, you may lose out on some program incentives depending on your energy provider’s participation requirements. Please check your program requirements before choosing to opt-out of an event.
Un-enroll in Rush Hour rewards
If you’re currently enrolled in Rush Hour Rewards and you want to un-enroll, contact your energy provider.
You can’t use the Nest app to un-enroll from this program. That’s because your reward from your energy partner is based on your agreement to help out whenever there’s an energy rush hour.