If you’re a customer of one of Nest’s energy partners, you may be able to sign up for Rush Hour Rewards. You may also be eligible for a Google Nest thermostat rebate or even installation at no cost.
If you want to turn off a specific Rush Hour event, just change the temperature on your thermostat. To stop participation in all future Rush Hour events, you can cancel your enrollment in the program.
For complete details about the Rush Hour Rewards energy program, go to Rush Hour Rewards.
Sign up for Rush Hour rewards
You’ll need two things to sign up for Rush Hour Rewards.
- An account with an energy partner participating in one of our energy saving programs
- A Nest thermostat added to an account in the Home app or Nest app
You’ll typically get an email to sign up for Rush Hour Rewards a few days after you install your thermostat and connect it to an account in the Home or Nest app. You can also search for Rush Hour Rewards programs in your area and sign up anytime.
Note: Your Nest thermostat can help you use energy wisely, even if Rush Hour Rewards aren’t available for your area. To learn more, go to tips for improving energy savings with your Nest thermostat.
- Open the Home app tap Add Rebates & rewards.
- Tap Nest Rebates & Rewards and enter your postal code to get a list of energy providers you can sign up with.
- Open the Nest app tap Settings Rebates and rewards.
- Check the energy saving programs available in your area, and tap on your energy provider to learn more and sign up.
Simply change the temperature on your thermostat to stop participating in the Rush Hour event. You’ll stay enrolled in Rush Hour Rewards, and your thermostat will participate in the next Rush Hour event. If you repeatedly stop participation in the events, you may lose out on some program incentives depending on your energy provider’s participation requirements. Please check your program requirements for additional details.
When you’ve successfully opted out of an event, the Nest Leaf is removed from your Nest thermostat’s display and the app. “Rush Hour” will stay on the screen until the event ends, even if you’ve successfully opted out.
If you’re currently enrolled in Rush Hour Rewards and you want to unenroll, go to Contact Us select Call us for further assistance. Once you unenroll, your thermostat will no longer participate in Rush Hour events.