Note: This article is about 1st gen Nest Aware subscriptions.
- You have a 1st gen Nest Aware subscription if you have separate subscriptions for each camera in your home.
- You can only buy 1st gen subscriptions if you don't use a Google Account to sign into the Nest app.
Before you begin
- If you have one camera with a 1st gen Nest Aware subscription and another camera without a subscription, you can’t move the subscription between your cameras. Once a subscription has been assigned to a camera, it can’t be moved to a different one.
- 1st gen Nest Aware can’t be moved to a Nest Cam (battery) or a Nest Doorbell (battery). If you have another camera with an existing 1st gen Nest Aware subscription and you want to use the same account to set up Nest Cam (battery) or Nest Doorbell (battery), you’ll need to migrate your account.
- Note: If you migrate your account, your 1st gen Nest Aware subscription will be disabled. To keep your 1st gen Nest Aware subscription on your other camera, set up Nest Cam (battery) or Nest Doorbell (battery) using a different Google Account.
- If you need to change which area of your home is covered by video history with a 1st gen Nest Aware subscription, you can either swap your cameras, or cancel your old subscription and buy a new one, if you want.
Move your cameras
If your cameras are in the same home, you can physically move them, especially if the cameras are on a stand or attached to the same type of base. You can simply swap their locations and rename them.
To swap the location of two cameras in the same home:
- Unplug both cameras, move each one to its new physical location, and plug them back in. The cameras will start up and automatically reconnect to your existing Wi-Fi network.
- If your camera installations are more complicated, learn how to move your camera to another room.
- Use the Nest app to change the location or room name of your Nest product.
Purchase a new subscription and cancel your current one
Note: If you haven’t migrated to a Google Account, you can buy additional 1st gen Nest Aware subscriptions.
If you can’t physically swap your cameras as described above, you’ll need to purchase a new 1st gen Nest Aware subscription for the camera that doesn’t have one. You can keep your current subscription on your other camera or cancel it.
Don’t remove your camera from the Nest app. When you purchase the new subscription, you can assign it to any camera in your account that doesn’t currently have a subscription.
- Cancellation happens immediately and can't be reversed.
- All video history, settings, and preferences related to the subscription will be erased. However, clips and timelapses you created will be saved to your account in the Nest app and can still be accessed on a computer as long as you have a camera added to the app.
- If you’ve migrated to a Google Account and cancelled all of your 1st gen Nest Aware subscriptions, you won’t be able to sign up for it again, but you can sign up for Nest Aware.
Canceling your subscription works differently depending on how you originally purchased it.
- If you purchased the 1st gen Nest Aware subscription directly from Google Nest, you can cancel the subscription and purchase a new one.
- If you purchased the 1st gen Nest Aware subscription from one of our partners, contact the partner to learn about your options for canceling and resubscribing.