Factory reset your Google Nest Protect to erase your personal settings and restore it to its factory default settings.
Important things to know before you start
- You’ll no longer receive Protect notifications on your phone or tablet.
- Protect gets disconnected from other Protects in your home.
- Protect deletes its Wi-Fi settings.
- Protect erases its location name from the app.
- Protect removes any feature settings such as Pathlight.
Important: If you factory reset your Protect, its ability to detect smoke or carbon monoxide (CO) does not change. The alarm should still sound if either is detected.
Note: You need physical access to your Protect to restore it to its factory default settings. You cannot erase Nest Protect’s settings with the app.
- Press and hold your Protect’s button. It will chime and glow blue. Continue holding the button down.
- Release the button when your Protect starts to say its version number.
- Your Protect will start a verbal countdown and tell you it’s erasing all your settings.
- To cancel the factory reset, press Protect’s button again during the countdown.
- After a few seconds your Protect will reset to its factory default settings. You can then go through setup with the app and add it to an account again.