Quick Responses are pre-recorded messages that Google Nest doorbells can speak to a visitor if you’re not able to come to the door. A Quick Response is useful when you would like to respond to a visitor, but you can’t talk to them in-person, like when you’re on a phone call.
How to use Quick Responses when someone's at the door
When someone rings the doorbell, you’ll get a notification that someone’s at the door.
- Tap the notification you receive and select a Quick Response.
- If a Quick Response notification option isn’t available, tapping the notification will automatically open the Home app. There you can see the live video and tap Quick Responses to select one.
In the notification, tap Responses to show your doorbell's available Quick Responses.
Tap the response that you want to use and it will play for the person at the door.
- If none of the options work for you, tap Cancel and then tap Talk to use Talk & Listen to have a live conversation instead.
- If you don’t want to respond at all, you can tap Ignore . Currently, you're unable to customize or record your own Quick Responses.
Note: Quick Responses will only show up in your notifications as an option when someone rings the doorbell. You cannot customize these settings.
Change Quick Response Language
You can always change the spoken language of your Quick Responses even if the app is in a different language from the one you want to get. For instance, the app will display the Quick Responses in English, but when you select a response, it will be spoken in the language you’ve selected.
- Open the Home app .
- Select your doorbell on the app home screen.
- Tap Settings Device information Spoken language.
- Open the Nest app .
- Tap your doorbell on the app home screen.
- Tap Settings .
- Select Spoken language.
- Choose the language that you want your doorbell to speak.
- Tap Back to save your settings.