Quick Responses are pre-recorded messages that Google Nest Hello can speak to a visitor if you’re not able to come to the door. A Quick Response is useful when you would like to respond to a visitor, but you can’t talk to them in-person, like when you’re on a call or out running errands.
When someone rings the doorbell, you’ll get a notification from the Nest app that someone’s at the door.
Tap the response that you want to use and it will play for the person at the door.
- If none of the options work for you, tap Cancel and then tap Talk to use HD Talk & Listen to have a live conversation instead.
- If you don’t want to respond at all, you can tap Ignore . Currently, you are unable to customize or record your own Quick Responses.
Note: Quick Responses will only show up in your notifications as an option when someone rings the doorbell. You cannot customize these settings.
How to change spoken language of Quick Responses
You can always change the spoken language of your Quick Responses even if the Nest app is in a different language from the one you want to hear. For instance, the Nest app will display the Quick Responses in English, but when you select a response, it will be spoken in the language you’ve selected.
To change the spoken language:
- Select your Nest Hello on the app home screen.
- Tap Settings .
- Scroll down and tap Spoken language.
- Select the language that you want your doorbell to speak.
- Tap Back to save your settings.