Google Nest Aware is available directly from Nest, and also through our partners. Canceling your subscription works differently, depending on how you originally purchased it.
- If you purchased directly from Nest, this article tells you how to cancel your subscription.
- If you purchased through one of our partners, contact the partner to cancel your subscription. For more information, including how to tell if you purchased your subscription from a partner, visit our FAQs about purchasing Nest Aware through one of our partners.
Only the Owners of a home can cancel Nest Aware
What happens when you cancel your subscription
Cancellation happens immediately, and can't be reversed.
- Your camera’s video history will be erased including markers and snapshots on the Sightline in the Nest app. However, clips and timelapses you created will be saved to your account in the Nest app, and can still be accessed on a computer.
- The Nest app will no longer display options for advanced notifications from your camera. Any Activity Zones you’ve set up for the camera will be deleted, and all other settings and preferences related to your subscription will be deleted as well.
- If you cancel an annual or monthly subscription, you will be issued a prorated refund (or account credit, if you have other Nest Aware subscriptions) based on how much time has passed since your last billing cycle.
Learn about prorated refunds when you cancel your subscription
- If you cancel a pre-paid service after 30 days from purchase, such as a Google Nest Hello video doorbell and 1-year pre-paid Nest Aware bundle, there is no prorated refund or prorated credit and the cancellation is permanent. If you want to get Nest Aware back, you'll have to purchase a new subscription.
How to cancel your Nest Aware subscription
Go to Manage your subscriptions for steps on how to cancel or change payment.
Important: You’ll only be able to cancel a Nest Aware subscription if you’re the Owner of the Nest home.
Note: If you bought a Google Nest camera and a Nest Aware subscription at the same time, you’ll need to add your camera to the Nest app first. Then you can follow the steps above to cancel your subscription.