After your Nest Protect smoke and CO alarm have been connected to Wi-Fi and added to your account in the app, you can check Protect History events.
- Open the Nest app .
- Tap your Protect.
- Tap See History to show events for the last 10 days.
Each day will have a color-coded bar that shows you the highest priority event of the day. For instance, if there was a low battery notice on the same day as a smoke Emergency Alarm, the summary would highlight the Emergency Alarm.
- Green: Everything was OK.
- Yellow: There was a Heads-Up alert of some kind: smoke or CO detected, low battery, a power outage, sensor issue, etc.
- Red: There was an Emergency Alarm.
- Gray: There is no data for that time period, usually because of a Wi-Fi or Internet connection issue. Troubleshoot Protect’s Wi-Fi connection and retry downloading the data. Note: Nest Protects update their history once a day. So, if there's missing information, you may simply need to wait for it to update. It can take up to 48 hours for the updated information to become viewable in the app.
- Tap any day to show the times when that day’s events occurred.
- Events will be marked with an icon. Multiple events that happen close to each other may be combined under one icon.
- Tap an event icon to reveal more information.